Our vision is to be recognized across Canada as the best source for accreditation and recognition and to continue to offer the greatest "value add" to construction industry practitioners through professional development.
Basics of Supervising
Workers are often promoted to a supervisory position because of their high-quality work and experience. This program gives provincially regulated workers the training they need to become effective supervisors.
Participants will learn how to fulfil their role as a supervisor and about their responsibilities under Ontario law to manage health and safety in the workplace. Once they understand what to do, the program then gives them the tools to meet their health and safety responsibilities and ensure a productive workplace.
Participants will learn how to:
- Locate and cite sections in the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and applicable regulations
- Identify the duties of a constructor, employer, supervisor, and workers as detailed in the OHSA.
Elements of Supervising
Participants will learn how to integrate health and safety into the supervisor’s daily activities of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling work.
Supervisor Safety Tasks
Participants will learn how to perform the duties of a supervisor by:
- Communicating hazard information through safety talks and worker orientations
- Monitoring health and safety activities through formal workplace inspections
- Investigating incidents and determine the immediate and underlying causes
- Enforcing health and safety rules
- Documenting workplace activities in a log book.
To obtain a certificate of completion for this program, participants must be in attendance for the entire program and pass a written multiple-choice test. To pass, participants must achieve an overall grade of 75% and correctly answer 10 selected questions.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors—especially those who have never received any training in supervisory skills or in their health and safety responsibilities under Ontario law.
Please click here for more details.Register Now
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact:
Manager, Professional Development
The Construction Institute of Canada