Construction claims are found in almost every construction project and they have such a high impact on the project’s cost and time – learn how to take advantage of the opportunities and benefits available and safeguard yourself from unwanted economical hazards such as a disputes and claims.
This full day course is designed to enhance the ability of construction professionals to effectively prevent & manage the construction claims. This advanced level course will enable you to:
- Understanding the importance and the significance of onset planning and scheduling
- Exploring useful scheduling tips and techniques
- Recognition and identification of the change*.
- Systematic and accurate documentation of the change*.
- Analysis of time and cost impacts of the change*.
- Active notification of the change*.
- Active prevention, preparation & negotiation of the claim.
* “change” refers to any a change in the scope of work from what was originally stipulated in the contract
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project Managers/Construction Managers/ Site Supervisors
- Public or private owner
- General Contractor/Subcontractor
- Estimators, Engineers, Architects
- Legal counsels
Mr. Jiwan Thapar is a licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario. He has extensive experience in preparing and evaluating construction claims and expert reports. He has performed claims work for both contractors and owners, ranging in value from $10 million to over $50 million.