The Bluprint Reading and Estimating Level 2 course is designed for contractors, office personnel and suppliers working in the construction industry who have work related experience in estimating and/or who have taken the Level 1 course.
Key learning points include:
- Advanced understanding of drawings involving study of set of actual project documents.
- Basic study of building construction and methods Understanding building materials.
- Interpretation of general conditions.
- Estimating construction costs - including Excavation, Concrete and Masonry.
- Preparation of project tender.
- Cost control during design and construction. Introduction to scheduling.
This course is Gold Seal Certified (3 credits). There is a written exam and graduates will receive a certificate from the Construction Institute of Canada.
Note: Additional registrations to this course receive a $25 discount each.
– Scott Hill
Professor Clint Kissoon is a past President of both the Ontario and the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors, and is currently the Chair of the School of Architectural Studies & the Angelo Del Zotto School of Construction Management George Brown College. He has also written two books: Cost Control for Contractors, and Estimating in Building Construction.