On December 14, 2020, the Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) released its latest version of the CCDC 2 – 2020 “Stipulated Price Contract”.
Find out what are the most crucial changes in the new version and how it impacts you and your projects including:
- What to do with the CCDC 2 – 2008 version;
- Payment Terms;
- Ready for Takeover and Early Occupancy;
- Insurance ;
- the new CCDC Division 01 (what is it and what you need to know about it);
- Companion documents and contracts; and
- Best practices including supplementary conditions (and what low effort changes can be made to your contracts to mitigate risk).
Michael represents clients from across Ontario in his construction law practice. He is involved in every facet of the construction industry, including strategy development from project inception to completion. He is experienced in structuring tendering and contract documents related to all aspects of development. Michael’s practical and time-saving advice has resolved wide-ranging issues arising from procurement and contract disputes and lien, trust and delay claims.
Krista has experience litigating a large number of business disputes, including those related to commercial leasing, construction, real estate, shareholder rights and remedies, and employment. Krista is adept at handling complex business litigation. She has appeared before all levels of Ontario courts, numerous tribunals and the Federal Court. Krista also has experience in alternative dispute resolution, and effectively provides advice and opinions that result in practical business solutions for her clients.