Change orders are inevitable in construction projects. Are changes affecting your profitability and your ability to meet the construction delivery schedule? This workshop will provide participants with the knowledge to implement change management processes to minimize the impact of changes on construction projects.
Topics will include:
- Sources of Changes on a Construction Site
- Types of Change Documents
- Change Order Management Process
- Change Order Management Documentation
- Change Order Pricing: Evaluation and Verification of Costs
- Schedule Impact of Changes and Evaluation of Delays
- Contract Obligations
- Cumulative Effect of Changes
Upon successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understanding how changes affect project profitability, client relationships, and subsequently business and professional success
- Identify changes earlier and minimize any negative impacts of changes
- Create and implement a change management plan, and process within projects
- Improve project outcomes and enhance the success and projects’ profitability
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Who Should Attend: General Contractors, subcontractors, consultants and owners.
This workshop is worth 1 Gold Seal credit.
President, Constructing Minds Inc.
Lee Kelly, M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC. With over 30 years of construction management experience under her belt, Lee has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes, and procedures. Lee was recently awarded The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) Chancellor's Award of Excellence.