Why would a Contractor, Owner Consultant or Subcontractor need to know best practices for closing out a construction project?
The answer is simple – if you can't get it done then you can't reach substantial performance. Getting a project to substantial performance, and then to total performance, are two of the most difficult milestones in the construction industry to achieve.
This full day session will discuss how the principals of organizing early, teamwork and communication work together to achieve a successful project close out.
Construction Project Close Out is organized into the following phases:
- Pre-Construction Close Out
- Construction Close Out
- Post Construction Close Out
- Organizational Close Out
- Subcontractor Close Out
- Financial Close Out
Each phase has its own processes and procedures that must be organized, put into place and executed. Using a manual, which includes spreadsheets checklist and how to's, participants will learn all of the steps in setting up a project to close it out successfully.
Topics discussed will include:
- O&M manual development and tracking
- Preconstruction meetings
- Commissioning planning
- QA/QC management
- Substantial completion
- Final completion
Participants will be introduced to best practices and "tips and tricks" which will expedite and simplify the takeover of a project by its Owner from the Contractor, so that the last 3% of the project is not 15% of the effort.
Who Should Attend:
Contractors, Trade Contractors, Owners, Consultants and allied professionals in the construction industry.
For all technical requirements access this link:
- Windows 10, 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)/ Mac OS X 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14/Ubuntu 16.04; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- No application support is available for Linux. Users on Linux can attend meetings in a browser.
- Mobile : The Adobe Connect app for iOS and Android requires Adobe Connect Server version 8.2 or later, Google Android 4.4 or later, Apple iOS: iOS 8.1.2 or later
- Bandwidth: 512 Kbps for participants, meeting attendees, and end users of Adobe Connect applications.
OR May 26 & 27, 2021 Wed. & Thu. 12pm – 3pm EST
OR Jun 14 & 15, 2021 Mon. & Tue. 1pm – 4pm EST
OR July 13 & 14, 2021 Tue. & Wed. 12pm – 3pm EST
President, Constructing Minds Inc.
Lee Kelly, M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC. With over 30 years of construction management experience under her belt, Lee has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes, and procedures. Lee was recently awarded The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) Chancellor's Award of Excellence.