Construction regular site meetings on a project with well documented minutes can facilitate better communication and produce better results making it more likely that the project will be completed successfully. The construction meeting minutes become permanent records once it’s recorded, proper meeting minutes require effective listening, accurate recording and most importantly, the understanding of the risk involved if an action item is not completed as promised.
Topics will include:
- Conducting effective and efficient construction meetings
- Types of construction meetings and when to have them
- Recording accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Understanding what standard topics and other topics to discuss and document
- Importance of construction meeting minutes to manage deliverables and risk
- Engaging project stakeholders to deliver as recorded (promised)
- Managing actionable items
- Distribution and follow-up
Upon successful completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Create and implement a meeting protocol and minutes process and procedure
- Listen effectively and to record accurate and factual construction meeting minutes
- Improve project outcomes and enhance project success
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Who Should Attend:
General Contractor and subcontractor Project Managers, Project Co-ordinators and field staff.
This workshop is worth 0.5 Gold Seal credit.
OR Jan. 12, 2023 Thu. 12:30pm – 4pm ET
OR Feb. 10, 2023 Fri. 8am – 11:30am ET
OR Mar. 24, 2023 Fri. 12pm – 3:30pm ET
OR Apr. 14, 2023 Fri. 8:30am – 12pm ET
OR May 18, 2023 Thu. 12:30pm – 4pm ET
OR June 6, 2023 Tue. 12:30pm – 4pm ET
President, Constructing Minds Inc.
Lee Kelly, M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC. With over 30 years of construction management experience under her belt, Lee has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes, and procedures. Lee was recently awarded The Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) Chancellor's Award of Excellence.