Are you hiring a consulting team?
Do you know the role of prime and sub-consultants in contract, and identifying the appropriate consultants required to meet the objectives of your project?
The course will introduce you to the standard contracts issued by the OAA, PEO, Ontario Building Code Act, Planning Act and a sample Site Plan Control Zoning Bylaw and other forms of agreement.
Upon completion of the course you will be able to:
- Evaluate, modify or negotiate terms and general conditions of standard professional contracts
- Determine required skills and evaluate proposed consulting teams relative to project size, complexity and scope
- To understand submission requirements for various approvals processes in Ontario and determine consultant performance overall
- To understand the Role of the Consultant in CCDC contracts; CCDC 2 for General Contract Tender and CCDC 15 for Design Build projects
- To leverage your consultants expertise to its full potential
- To understand buyer and consultant mutual obligations when publishing an RFP in a competitive process
- To gain a basic understanding of an architects and/or engineers liability under the Building Code Act
- To gain a basic understanding of the Consultant General Review Commitment and other requirements of the Authority on project Close-Out.
Who should attend:
- Commercial Real Estate Project Managers
- Tenant Coordinators
- Owner Representatives
- Design Builders
- Buyers of Consulting /Construction Services
- Junior and Mid-level Contract Administrators
Participants will receive OAA 600 Agreement, a PEO agreement and other relevant documents.
This course is Gold Seal certified (1 credit).
A former construction association executive in Ontario, Derek has been serving the Canadian ICI and residential construction sector for 25 years. Since 2013, he delivered over 150 courses to over 2000 attendees. He has mediated disputes in excess of $300K value. His growing firm Constructionlab maintains memberships with the Toronto Construction Association, ADR Institute of Ontario, and TechAlliance of Southwestern Ontario.