More and more frequently private sector companies and government organizations are releasing Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) as part of their procurement process and moving away from the traditional bid process. Construction companies will win or lose contracts based on their responses to these RFP’s. Responding to a Request for Proposal (RFP) successfully requires knowledge, understanding and a proposed solution of the subject, while convincing the potential Owner that your company is the best suited to build their project. Your response must not just be compliant, it must be compelling as well!
Through case study of an actual RPF and the development of the RFP response participants will:
- Understand the differences between a Request for Quotation (RFQ) and the typical prequalification in the bid process and how to respond to that RFQ. Your company must first pass the “RFQ” test before being invited to participate in the RFP process.
- Learn to analyze your companies’ SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunity and Threats) and how to leverage these for the RFP response.
- Learn how to analyze the RFP to:
- Understand the Owner’s requirements both for the RFP response and the project
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Owner
- Understand how your company can best suit the solution
- Create a successful strategy for developing a winning response.
- Learn to prepare your written response effectively while following the guidelines set out in the RFP.
- Learn how to complete returnable schedules and understand what the schedules are asking for.
- Learn how to effectively complete a CCDC-11 2019.
- Learn how responses to RFP’s are evaluated and how best to address the criteria.
- Learn engaging and effective presentation techniques.
Exclusive to this workshop is a comprehensive manual that is used as a reference and guide throughout the sessions. The manual is based on accumulated knowledge gathered over 40 years in the construction industry. It is a valuable and effective tool that contains not only practical how-to’s, checklists and templates but will also be a foundation for new processes and procedures back in the office or on the jobsite.
Who Should Attend: General contractors, subcontractors, architects, designers, engineers, consultants, Bid/Proposal Managers and allied professionals in the construction industry.
Virtual Classroom Sessions: 3 sessions of 3 hours each
This workshop is accredited for 2 Gold Seal Credits.
OR Jan. 17 – 19, 2023 Tue. – Thu. 1pm – 4pm ET
OR Feb. 7 – 9, 2023 Tue. – Thu. 12:30pm – 3:30pm ET
OR Mar. 21 – 23, 2023 Tue. – Thu. 3pm – 6pm ET
OR Apr. 19 – 21, 2023 Wed. – Fri. 11:30am – 2:30pm ET
OR May 9 – 11, 2023 ET Tue. – Thu. 12:30pm – 3:30pm ET
President, Constructing Minds Inc.
Lee Kelly M.A.A.T.O., P.GSC is Founder and President of Constructing Minds Inc., a company dedicated to providing relevant and applicable training to the construction industry. With over 35 years of construction management/General Contracting experience under her belt she has gained extensive knowledge and a solid foundation in construction practices, processes and procedures in all contract delivery formats.