The Blueprint Reading and Estimating Level 2 course is designed for contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, tradespersons, manufacturers and suppliers working in the construction industry who have work related experience and/or who have taken the Level 1 course.
In this course you will use a set of actual project documents to practice the following:
- Visualizing architectural and structural building components shown on construction drawing plans, elevations, sections and details
- Interpreting construction specifications, notes on drawings and scope of work
- Coordinating information on schedules (wall types, finishes, doors and windows) with floor plans, elevations and details
- Identifying construction work items according to the “Master Format” system for pricing
- Performing quantity take-off for various trades
- Applying the procedures of construction estimating to price labour, material and equipment
- Calculating general expenses including direct, indirect costs, profit and overheads
- Preparing subtrade quotations
This course is Gold Seal Certified (3 credits). There is a written exam and graduates will receive a certificate from the Construction Institute of Canada.
– Scott Hill
Clint Kissoon, President of FENAK Estimating Services Ltd., is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor (MRICS), Chartered Construction Manager (FCIOB), a Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS(F)), and has written and published several construction textbooks. Clint was the 2009 recipient of the Construction Institute of Canada (TCIC) Chancellor’s award for excellence.