Create Gantt Charts that automatically update your project plan when you change one date. • Produce 2 week look-ahead reports and To-Do lists at the press of a button. • Manage your project better and control the paperwork. • Learn to utilize MS Project effectively.
The typical PM must juggle dozens of functions and hundreds of tasks all while trying to stay on budget, meet deadlines and keep every stakeholder informed. This workshop will demonstrate how to use MS Project to meet these challenges.
Participants will learn to:
- Translate estimates into schedules in MS Project and verify accuracy.
- Submit electronic project plans and Gantt charts with bids.
- Manage workloads and workflow.
- Create a basic project plan including Work Breakdown Schedule and dependencies
- Verify against Estimates
- Incorporate Milestones and significant dates
- Identify/Manage the Critical Path
- Incorporate Job Deadlines
- Identify Slack and Project float
- Create an ‘Early Start’ and ‘Early Finish’ Schedule
- Create a ‘Late Start’ and ‘Late Finish’ Schedule
- Incorporate subcontractors, crews, equipment, labour and skilled trades in resource assignments
- Create Gantt Charts, Network Diagrams and Trade Calendars
- Identify conflicts & Create a trade Tracking and/or manpower resource schedule
- Create time lines & baseline schedules
Track Job Progress:
- Generate Cash Flow reports
- Performance against Budget
- Look-Ahead and Trade Schedule reports
- Compare Performance against Baseline
- Project Closeout – best practices
- Projected versus actual time lines
- Projected versus actual costs
- 2 week look-ahead for site supervisors
- Rain days
- Due dates
- Changes in subcontractor timelines
- Critical path changes and warnings
- Working days
- Milestones reports
- Compare baselines and As-Built’s for claims processes
- Current activities, slipping task and completed task reports
- Cash flows and earned value
Enrollment is limited to 12 persons to ensure that each participant receives individualized attention. This is a hands-on workshop and laptops with software are provided for the duration of the course. CCA has accredited this course for 2 Gold Seal Special Industry Credits (SIC).
1900 Minnesota Crt., Ste 122 Mississauga
ES Computer Training Instructor
Anne Leroux is a founding partner of ES Computer Training and Technologies, and has propelled ESCTT into the position of one of the top-rated IT training companies in North America. She has over 25 years experience in construction engineering and project management, and is responsible for the development and implementation of numerous software programs used in the construction and architectural industries today.