Save money on your projects, build the brand recognition and reputation that you desire for yourself and your business by learning to effectively manage your project's schedule and resources. Effective planning, scheduling, and control, is the difference between being on time, or behind time; making money or losing money; being stressed-out or stress-free. This Gold Seal accredited course will provide you with the fundamental skills and knowledge required to successfully plan, schedule, and most importantly control simple to complex construction projects. Four of the ten classes will be spent at George Brown College learning scheduling software techniques and their application.
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the management of construction projects including: Project Coordinators, Assistant Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant Project Managers, Sub-contractors, Project Managers, M&E coordinators, LEED coordinators, BIM coordinators, Architects and Designers, Estimators, Field Engineers
Through this course you will learn to:
- Manage projects to deliver on time.
- Analyze and determine sequence and duration of construction activities.
- Apply change and claim management principles and conduct time impact analysis to your project.
- Plan construction activities for various building projects.
- Manage resources effectively.
- Produce critical path method (CPM) schedules using computerized scheduling methods.
- Develop a schedule suitable for an request for proposal (RFP).
- Develop a construction plan and schedule (baseline schedule) acceptable project stakeholders.
- Develop effective short term look-ahead schedules.
- Analyze performance and productivity information from past construction projects for use in planning future projects.
- Communicate construction project information effectively and accurately by analyzing and presenting data in graphic and written format.
- Manage time, cost, quantity, and quality performance for construction projects.
This course is Gold Seal Certified (5 credits). There are written exams and graduates will receive a certificate from the Construction Institute of Canada.
Note: Additional registrations to this course receive a $25 discount each.
and George Brown College
Tom has been a full time Professor at George Brown College since 1991, and also taught at U of T and Ryerson. He has written a best seller textbook, and is currently writing a textbook on Planning Scheduling and Control of Construction Projects. He is active with BILD, OHBA and CHBA.