The tender process can be confusing, but it is absolutely necessary to gain valuable business. Without knowing the fundamentals to the tender process you can waste time, and just as important, money. By learning the tendering fundamentals you will be able to successfully manage risks when you pre-qualify, bid, win, build and close out on a project. This seminar will be an overview of the tendering process from start to finish. Upon the completion of this seminar you will feel confident to undertake a tender and manage the risks associated with it.
- Procurement Models – The difference between various procurement models.
- Prequalification – Public vs. Private.
- Tender Process – Tender documents, contracts, tender form and qualifications closing.
- Fundamental Questions – The questions you should ask before you pursue a project.
- Tendering Closing Day – Analyzing trade quotations and bidding strategies.
Who should attend: Owners, consultants, general contractors, trade contractors, suppliers and manufacturers.
Director of Estimating, Bird Construction Group
Compton Cho has been perfecting a broad range of construction management skills for over 25 years. His projects include offices, hotels, theatres, health care, pharmaceutical, tenant improvements and more. He is the key speaker for the TCIC Pitfalls of Bidding and Tendering program, and Mentor for 2013 to 2015 TCIC Bid Committee.